Terms & Conditions
Before making a reservation at OakslandTravel, we encourage you to read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they constitute a contract agreement between OakslandTravel and you from the time the booking is made. The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all the people in the group and is responsible for all payments due.
In these conditions of contract:
“OakslandTravel” means Oaksland Tour & Travel Agency that is registered as Iranian Travel Agency head office at No. 40, Haghani highway, Vanak Square, Tehran, Iran.
“Customer” means any person, firm or company with whom OakslandTravel contracts for the provision of Arrangement Services by OakslandTravel or with whom OakslandTravel contracts, as agent for a Third Party Supplier for the provision of Travel Services.
References to “you”, “your” etc., are references to the Customer, authorized representatives of the Customer or those for whom travel is requested by the Customer.
Dates, itineraries, and prices are valid from the most relevant edition of the website & the time of printing our brochure in January 2018 until 31 December 2018. Oaksland Travel reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services, prices & accommodations, itineraries or vehicles described in the brochure or online without being liable for compensation or refund.
Validity of prices
- All Prices quoted on Oaksland Travel are in US Dollar ($) and per person unless otherwise specified. All payments and refunds are due in US Dollar. Oaksland Travel is not responsible for any changes in currency exchange rates that might occur from the time of booking until a refund is made.
- All rates quoted or shown in our tariffs are based on current prices. All prices mentioned on this site include value-added tax. Oaksland Travel reserves the right to alter or change already published prices on the website without notice in the event of currency fluctuation, government taxes, or any such costs increases that are outside OakslandTravel’ control.
- Oaksland Travel reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times without prior notice should this be necessary due to weather or other reasons that are beyond Oaksland Travel’ control. Please notice that in the case of changes of flights, the passenger is responsible for any additional costs that become payable as a result of such changes.
- Prices are guaranteed against any surcharge after an invoice has been issued unless the increase is due to government laws or currency changes and amounts to 5% of the package price or more. The amounts that exceed 5% will be charged and clients will be entitled to cancel their booking with a full refund if the surcharge exceeds 10%.
- Any increase due to changes in government laws, i.e. tax changes will be added to the invoice.
- If a day tour, package or group tour is canceled due to circumstances outside our control or minimum numbers are not reached, we will refund the money you have paid. Oaksland Travel shall then have no further liability towards you.
Fees and Payment
- The Customer shall pay to OakslandTravel on demand all costs, fees, taxes etc as invoiced by OakslandTravel to the Customer in respect of any Arrangement Services and any Travel Services in accordance with the payment terms set out in such invoice or otherwise agreed by Oaksland Travel.
- Oaksland Travel reserves the right to request advance payment for Arrangement Services and/or Travel Services.
- Travel Services which are not ticketed/confirmed at the time of booking may incur a higher fee than that given at the time of booking. Until the booking is confirmed and committed to by the Customer the price cannot be guaranteed and is subject to change.
- A convenience fee will be payable by the Customer at OakslandTravel’s standard rate for any costs incurred by OakslandTravel if payments are made by credit card.
- It may be necessary, sometimes at short notice, to make changes to an itinerary due to weather, traffic or road conditions. Regrettably, coaches, trains, boats do occasionally break down or suffer mechanical or technical problems, or certain facilities on board a coach, train, a boat may become faulty. Every effort will be made to rectify such issues as quickly as possible. In some instances, it may be necessary to replace the vehicle which cannot be repaired. We cannot accept any responsibility for delays caused by any form of breakdown.
Changes by OakslandTravel
- OakslandTravel’s aim is to operate all tours as advertised accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify a tour itinerary or its contents due to prevailing local conditions or any other reason. Oaksland Travel reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, accommodations, services or prices described in our brochure or online and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value or charge a supplement locally if alternative arrangements cannot be made, without compensation to the Client and accepts no liability to the Client whatsoever for costs or loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes. Where a major change is made prior to departure, the Client will have the choice of either: accepting another tour of equivalent or superior standard; or a choice of specified travel arrangements of a lower standard to those previously booked together with a refund of the difference in price; or cancelling the tour and obtaining a full refund. The definition of the “major change” is a change that is reasonably required but will depend on the individual tour and circumstances.
Changes by Passenger
- All changes, amendments or additions must be confirmed prior to 60 days of the departure date to avoid cancellation or amendment fees. No new passengers may be added to a booking once completed.
a) Name and Tour Date changes requested within:
- 60-30 days of departure will incur an amendment fee of $25 per person;
- 29-15 days of departure will incur an amendment fee of $50 per person;
- 14 days of departure will be made at the sole discretion of Oaksland Travel.
b) Tour Destination changes requested within:
- 60-30 days of departure will incur an amendment fee of $35 per person;
- 29 days of departure will be made at the sole discretion of Oaksland Travel.
- Changing the tour date and/or the destination is subject to availability of the new requested date and/or the destination. If the revised tour has a higher price and/or local payment, the price difference must be paid by the passenger. It is not possible to transfer the booking to travel dates outside of seasonal dates covered in the OakslandTravel brochure or by the relevant edition of the website valid at the time the original booking was made.
Cancellation by OakslandTravel
- Oaksland Travel reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any Tour Plan for any reason, including insufficient demand or force majeure. If a Tour is canceled prior to departure, OakslandTravel’ only responsibility will be to refund the amount received for the reservation. Oaksland Travel will try to rebook the same Tour with a different departure date or a similar Tour, but there is no guarantee of availability of offering.
- If by any chance our travel consultant is unable to obtain confirmation. You are entitled to cancel with a full refund of the deposit.
- During local or national holidays or special events, peak seasons, on weekends (Thursday and Friday), and during religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, churches, restaurants, sightseeing tours, hotels, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. Oaksland Travel cannot be held responsible for any closures, necessary itinerary changes, or curtails for any reason.
- Oaksland Travel shall provide such Arrangement Services to the Customer and organize such Travel Services for the Customer as may be requested by the Customer and agreed by OakslandTravel from time to time. In the absence of any express written instructions to the contrary which are agreed by OakslandTravel, OakslandTravel may accept (and the Customer shall be bound by) any requests made by any employee, agent or another representative of the Customer.
Cancellation by the customer
Cancellations must be made by the customer in writing to OakslandTravel prior to the tour departure to be confirmed as canceled. Applied cancellation fees differ between packages and day tours.
Cancellation of packages
- For cancellations received up to 30 calendar days before the scheduled departure, a 20% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received 15-29 calendar days before the scheduled departure date a 40% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received 7-14 calendar days before the scheduled departure date a 60% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received within 2-7 calendar days before the scheduled departure date, an 80% cancellation fee will be charged.
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price
Cancellation of day-tours
- For cancellations received at least 7 calendar days before the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- For cancellations received 3-6 calendar days before the scheduled departure a 40% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received within 2 calendar days before the scheduled departure a 60% cancellation fee will be charged.
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price
- If you need to make a change to your holiday arrangement you must send us a notification via email at least 4 weeks before departure. For changes, we charge up to 50 $ per person.
- Some suppliers frequently charge fees for changes; if this occurs, the extra fee will be added to your total.
- Please notice that changes may not be possible within 3 weeks before departure.
- Once you book through oakslandtravel.com you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. Oaksland Travel acts in good faith and cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or schedule changes caused by weather or road conditions, force majeure such as natural catastrophes, strikes or any other irregularities beyond the control of Oaksland Travel. Luggage is at the owner’s risk throughout the tour. We, therefore, advise all clients to have insurance cover, as clients are at their own risk on optional tours, such as riding tours, white-water rafting, snowmobiling, etc.
- All information on Oaksland Travel is subject to change and we reserve the right to correct any mistakes that may appear on our website. These general booking conditions are subject to change and we reserve the right to update these conditions without notice.
- Our main goal is to provide you with an excellent service. If you, for any reason, are not satisfied with your holiday package, we would like to hear about it. We recommend you contact us as soon as an incident occurs. All complaints must reach OakslandTravel within 10 days after your departure from Iran. Otherwise, any possible compensation entitlement will not be valid.
- It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements necessary for your vacation. You are responsible for obtaining independently and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the trips. Oaksland Travel cannot accept liability for any passenger refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to a failure of the passenger to carry correct documentation or adhere to specific entry and exit requirements.
- You must have a passport to travel internationally. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when traveling. Multiple-entry visas are required for some vacations. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport will normally take a minimum of one month up to two months.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that it is reasonable and prudent for the Customer (and/or any Passenger) to put in place a policy of insurance in respect of any loss, claim, cost, damage or injury incurred in connection with the Travel Services or any travel resulting therefrom. Oaksland Travel shall make commercially reasonable efforts to assist the Customer and/or the Passenger in obtaining such a policy of insurance from an insurer on the express request of the Customer and on payment of the appropriate premium. It is strongly recommended the coverage be extended to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of the loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the customer. When obtaining travel insurance the customer must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken. you can easily get Iran insurance in some of the international airports when you arrive in Iran.
- Booking services with OakslandTravel are available only to persons aged 18 years and older. By submitting a booking, you warrant and confirm to us that you comply with these arrangements. Travelers who are under 18 years old on the departure date must be accompanied by an adult throughout the vacation, and are requested to share an adult’s accommodation.
Travelers who need special assistance on tour
- You must report to OakslandTravel any disability requiring special attention while on tour at the time the reservation is made. Oaksland Travel will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do.
The tour price and the local payment include:
- All accommodation as listed in the Tour Inclusions Section
- All transport listed in the Tour Inclusions Section
- Sight-seeing and meals as listed in the Tour Inclusions Section
- The services of a group leader as described in the Tour Inclusions Section
- The number of bags and luggage allowance may vary depending on your flight, destination, date, please check details with our customer service.
The tour price and the local payment do not include:
- International flights, excess baggage, visas, insurance, extra meals and drinks, items of personal nature, entrance fees, tips, port taxes & fuel supplements, departure taxes, optional activities and all the other services not stated in the ‘Inclusions’ sections of this brochure or online.
Authority on Tour
Special offers and discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be retrospectively added at a later date, regardless of any later changes made to the original booking. Additional terms & conditions can be added during special campaigns and are solely valid for the specific campaign they refer to. Please see the OakslandTravel website for particular conditions applicable to each offer. In all cases, only one discount can apply to anOakslandTravel Tour booking. When two or more offers can apply to a booking in all cases only the discount offering the highest saving to the booking will be applied.
Special Offers & Discounts
Most of our tours include airport transfers. If stated that an arrival transfer is included, you will be picked up from the airport on the first day of your tour, at any time. You must inform our call center of your flight details (date of flight, flight number, arrival time and the name of travelers) 10 days prior to your arrival for the confirmed arrangement of your transfer.
Age & Health
Passengers under 18 years old are not permitted on Oaksland Travel tours except for traveling with parents on specific Family Tours or traveling with official student tours. Bookings from persons under 18 will not be accepted in any case. All passengers are expected to be certain that prior to travel that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in this brochure or online.
Photos & Marketing
The passenger consents to OakslandTravel using images taken of the passenger during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any media we choose. The passenger grants OakslandTravel a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
Responsibility of OakslandTravel
The tours operated or supplied by OakslandTravel have been designed to provide participants with an exposure to the true nature of the environment visited and therefore involve an element of potential risk and exposure to potential hazards over and above those associated with normal ’package’ holidays. All bookings are accepted on the understanding that the Client appreciates such risks and hazards and they undertake all tours at their own volition. If a Client participates in an activity not included as part of a tour operated by the OakslandTravel, the Client accepts all responsibility for taking part in such an activity, accepts that no further services will be provided by the company and indemnifies OakslandTravel against any and all claims related to such an activity.
Where the Client suffers death, personal injury or any other loss whatsoever as a result of an activity forming part of the tour arrangements booked with the OakslandTravel, than OakslandTravel shall only accept responsibility if the death, personal injury or loss was caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of OakslandTravel’s employees, officers, agents or direct suppliers. For the avoidance of doubt, OakslandTravel shall not be liable for such death, personal injury or any other loss suffered whatsoever if there has been no fault on the part of Oaksland Travel or its partners, or if the cause was the fault of the Client (including without limiting the generality of the foregoing the Client’s participation in any activity/option not specifically detailed as included on the tour or operated directly by OakslandTravel) or due to the actions of someone unconnected with the tour arrangements or due to circumstances which neither OakslandTravel nor its partners could have reasonably anticipated or avoided. For ski tours snow conditions cannot be guaranteed at any ski resort, therefore OakslandTravel is not liable for lack of snow or non-operating ski lifts.