- Insured: All foreign nationals visiting Iran, individually or collectively, for such purposes and pilgrimage.
- Note: The services covered by this policy shall be extended to the insured, individually or collectively, subject to the compatibility of the recorded personal details in the policy with those registered in his/her passport.
- Bodily injury: Bodily injury means an occurrence of any sudden, forcible factor beyond the control of the insured within the term of insurance.
- Disease: Sudden and unpredictable conditions being contracted, started and originated after the insured’s arrival in Iran, causing his/her own or his/her agent’s application for aid.
- Loss: Any incident leading to the supply of the services subject of this policy.
- Dependents: Insured’s father, mother, children, wife, brothers, and sisters.
- Intensive medical cause: Bodily injury or disease jeopardizing the insured’s good health.
- Euro: The current monetary unit of the European Union.
- Franchise: The portion of medical expenses borne by insured.
B. The scope of coverage:
The benefits stipulated in chapter II of this contract through the Islamic Republic of Iran.
C. Duration of coverage:
The services specified in this contract shall continue solely in Iran for a maximum duration of 92 consecutive days.
D. The statute of limitation:
The claims pertaining to this coverage shall be subject to the stature of limitation two years after the date of the due incidents causing such claims.
A. Medical transfer:
Should the insured suffer bodily injuries caused by an accident, unexpected disease or mandatory quarantine during the term of this contract, Bimeh Iran shall arrange and pay for the services as follows:
- Admission of insured to the nearest hospital.
- Transfer of insured to a more suitable hospital compatible with the nature of the disease or inflicted injuries by necessary and accessible means such as land or air ambulances or planes (According to the available flight schedule, if medically needed.)
B. Imbursement of treatment expenses:
Up to € 10000 (or its equivalent in I.R.I Rials) for each case of loss during the coverage period.
- Medical expenses which include the insured’s surgical expenses.
- Medical emergency expenses which include initial physician visit, imaging services, and laboratory expenses, physiotherapy expenses, medical transferring to related medical centers caused by incidents such as vehicle accidents.
- Medical expense caused by poisoning such as food poisoning.
Franchise: Limited to 10% of medical expenses in each case of loss, excluding the cases related to the insured’s bodily injury or hospitalization. Bimeh Iran commits itself to pay expenses concerning medical emergency cases, food poisoning, medical treatment in hospitals and surgeries undergone by the insured or his/her agent in emergency cases caused by bodily injuries or spontaneous diseases on the basis of medical certification.
This commitment does not include any kind of prosthesis. However, such payments shall continue as long as the health conditions of the insured are ascertained suitable for repatriation to his respective country by his Iranian medical team as well as the certified physician of Bimeh Iran.
In the event of medical emergencies, Bimeh Iran shall provide the insured with the required information, such as details of the relevant hospitals, restricted surgery clinics and other specialized centers for patients and injured along with the necessary recommendations. Such information shall not include diagnostic and checkup centers.
C. Dental emergency expenses:
Subject to limit as indicated in the policy (or equivalent in I.R.I Rials). The expenses are only payable on treating toothache, tooth decay, and extraction of the tooth.
D. Repatriation of the corpse:
In the event of insured decease, Bimeh Iran commits itself to take all the requisite measure and pay for the due costs of the preparatory actions and procurement of coffin for subsequent transfer of the corpse to the nearest airport to the designated burial site in the insured’s respective country. However, this policy shall not cover the funeral and burial costs.
E. Repatriation of unaccompanied minors:
Should the insured be unable to undertake the custody of a minor under l5 years of age accompanied him/her at the time of incident, due to his/her medical transfer or repatriation of his/her corpse, Bimeh Iran shall take the necessary measures to secure repatriation of the concerned minor to his/her respective country.
F. Legal aid:
Expenses of claim against the insured during his domicile in Iran up to 250 Euros or equivalent in I.R.I. Rials.
G. Loss of documents:
The expenses of preparing losses of main journey documents such as passport, driving License or consulate documents up to 200 Euro or equivalent in I.R.I. Rials.
H. Undertake attendant’s travel to Iran from the country of origin in an emergency:
In the case insured is hospitalized more than 10 days because of illness or accident which is under the coverage of this insurance, Bimeh Iran would pay for travel costs of one of his next of kin from the country of origin to Iran. (Transportation costs to the place in which insured is hospitalized).
A. The services subject of this contract shall be extended only to visitors whose sojourn in Iran lasts less than 92 consecutive days.
B. The insured’s commitments do not cover the medical costs borne, directly or indirectly, by the insured without prior notification and consent of Bimeh Iran (Subject of chapter IV of this contract).
C. Other exclusion: The commitment of the insurer subject of this contract are also excluded from the cases as follows:
- Conditions caused by traveling for energy therapy.
- Side-effects of the treatments Undergone in the insured’s country of residence.
- Side-effects of preventive measures and vaccination.
- Side effects of physiotherapy, sun-therapy cosmetology and mineral-therapy.
- Effects of existing diseases, a resurgence of chronic diseases or perpetuation of the conditions for which the insured consciously receive treatments. Convalescence is regarded as part of the illness Period.
- Conditions caused by war, military aggressive, alien adversary actions, hostile operations (with or without a declared war), insurgency and terrorist operations.
- Conditions caused by deliberate self-inflicted injuries or participation in criminal acts.
- Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional betting, horse racing, cycling and any other sort of motoring competitions or shows.
- Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in fighting, excluding the cases for self-defense.
- Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional athletic exercise or the exercises intended for participation in official competition or shows.
- Conditions caused by the radioactive material disintegration or radioactive contamination caused by nuclear fuel radiation or explosive poisonous radioactive materials or hazardous conditions created, directly or indirectly by any explosive nuclear installation or any such nuclear phenomenon.
- Conditions caused by chronic or prolonged diseases or the diseases suffered and for which being treated by the insured prior to the commencement date of the insurance coverage instigating the insured’s or his/her agent’s application for aid from Bimeh Iran. The convalescence period is considered as part of the duration of illness.
- Conditions caused by pregnancy during the third quarter prior to the expected date of delivery or by voluntary abortion.
- Conditions derived from psychological diseases or lunacy.
- Conditions caused by the total or partial effects of alcoholic beverages, psychotropic, and narcotic drugs consumptions, excluding the drugs being prescribed and consumed under the auspices of a competent physician.
- Conditions caused by death, bodily injuries or diseases due to suicide or suicidal attempts.
- Conditions caused by the insured’s participation in professional contests, climbing (if rope or guide is needed), cave climbing, scuba diving, winter sports, aviation or any sort of flight. Excluding the cases when the insured flies in the capacity of a passenger of an authorized plane administered by a licensed commercial aviation agent or under the ownership and management of the commercial company.
- Accidents caused by hard and hazardous labour, such as construction works.
- Congenital and related diseases and disorders.
A. General Procedure
- 1. Application for aid: In emergency cases the insured is required to contact the nearest round-the-clock aid center of Bimeh Iran, prior to any personal initiative, to provide them with the following information.
- 1-1. Full name of the insured, number and validity period of concerned policy.
- 1-2. Insured’s address of residence in Iran along with his/her phone number.
- 1-3. A brief description of the accident or diseases and the type of needed aid.
- 2. Timely contact with Bimeh Iran.
- A. If the insured becomes bedridden he should let the insured be informed within 5 days of bedridden date and before discharging from hospital.
- B. The cases encountered with fatal conditions: Notwithstanding the above article and the content of this contract, should the insured or his/her agent be encountered with fatal conditions arrangement must be made for their immediate transfer to the nearest hospital followed by reporting of the case to Bimeh Iran at the earliest opportunity.
B. General conditions:
- 1. Restriction: upon the occurrence of loss the insured shall take all the required measures to ensure further expansion of its effects and repercussions.
- 2. Recovery: In appropriate cases. The insured shall furnish Bimeh Iran with all the documents and proceeding in order to enable the latter to recover the due losses from the relevant sources.
- 3. Claim prescription Period: Any claim arising from this policy can only put forward within a deadline of two years from nullification, cancellation or expiration date of this policy and after the deadlines, claims are not admissible. Time limit for action can be nullified by a written and formal declaration submitted by each party only for one time. The case of interruption, the period extends more one year after reminded time.
- 4. Other conditions:
- 4-1- If the insured’s visa is not issued. An insurer is obliged to nullify the policy by the request of the insured and pays back the premium after deducting 1 Euro.
- 4-2- If the visa is issued and the insured does not start his journey, the insurer shall nullify, the policy on the requisition of the insured after the expiration of visas validity and pays back the premium after deducting 1 Euro.
- 4-3- The period fixed for canceling application of the policy shall be within 6 months from the issuing date of the policy.
- Whenever aid is needed please inform the nearest branch of Bimeh Iran to your place of residence or the accident site in Iran of your name, surname, policy number, and date of its validity, passport number, address, phone number, a brief description of the encountered problem and the type of required relief aid.
- 5. The policies issued for multiple trips are valid for a specified duration, provided each trip does not exceed 92 consecutive days.
- 6. Medical costs for the incidents caused by high-risk labor, such as construction works are excluded from this insurance coverage.